- Download and install Oracle JRE/JDK Java 1.8 or later
- Download the latest standalone RapidWright release jar file
- Start the RapidWright Python (Jython) interpreter by running:
$ java -jar rapidwright-2018.3-standalone-lin64.jar # (or whichever jar you downloaded)
At this point you should have a Python interpreter instance running with most RapidWright classes loaded. You can test your install by running the following at the prompt:
You should see the GUI come up similar to this screenshot:
If you have gotten to this point, congrats! Your RapidWright install is correctly configured and you are ready to start experimenting.
Note that the standalone jar comes with a few select devices:
- AWS-F1: Virtex UltraScale+ VU9P (xcvu9p)
- PYNQ-Z1: Zynq 7020 (xc7z020)
- Virtex UltraScale VU440 (xcvu440)
To get additional devices download the latest rapidwright_data.zip set of device data files and unzip them in the same directory as the stand-alone jar. Alternatively, you can follow the Automatic Install process.